Sunday, February 3, 2008

And now...better thought than Rob's

Every other week, when I get paid, I try to go and get some games that I can go through and put up on Youtube and review for you here. I picked up 3 Gamecube games (Starfox Adventures, Viewtiful Joe 2, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis). I also picked up Freedom Fighters for the Playstation 2 (really wanted to play that), NCAA Football 2005/Top Spin for the Xbox (it was $.99) and Wartech for the 360. Wartech is probably going to suck (I bought it for $9.99 brand new at Gamestop). I have never played a Viewtiful Joe game and thought I would try to play through that one. I have previously played through Startfox Adventures and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, but I would like to go through them again because I thought they were very good.

From what I remember, Starfox Adventures had, by far, the hardest boss that you could go through. The boss was the same boss that you had to fight in every game there is, Andross. If he would suck you into his mouth, you would have to start the entire fight over again with him at full health and you at where you were and it was frustration as fuck. It took me 4 hours to complete a 10 minute fight because I kept dying. I hope to have it up on Youtube sometime soon, when I go through it, of course.

Something that I did want to touch on is Gamestop. I do think in some small way, Gamestop does screw game companies from their money, but I am still going to go there and buy games. Well, I subscribe to their newsletter and they send me a weekly deals newsletter and at the bottom, they have a coupon. The past couple of week, those coupons have been nothing but great. The one that is on this week's is for any used Gamecube or GBA games 25% off. I purchased Resident Evil 3, Starfox Adventures, and Viewtiful Joe 2 (used) and used the coupon as well as my Edge card. The total before the coupons would have been 41.97, but with the coupons it was down to 27.27 and I was happy. If you don't like Gamestop because they are damaging companies or if they are monopolizing the game store market, at least they are trying to use Vaseline.

Phil

1 comment:

Kush said...

I picked up that Wartech game as well...$8 ...it's bad...and the achievements suck... 100 HOURS of Playing...1000 Matches...I doubt anyone even plays it...