Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Devil May Cry 4: The Review

Alright I will try to keep the story spoiler free, but there are a few things I need to bring up about game play and pacing, so if you dont want any kind of spoiler please return to wence you came.

I liked the game up until you play as Dante. Yes I liked playing at Dante but the game decided at this point that you have to know walk all the way back to the begining of the game. Sure things are a little diffrent, but its still the same place.

Worse you have to fight the same 4 bosses as Dante, but then the next to last stage you have to once again fight the bosses one more time. Ughh, come on this game has been in development for 2 years. You thik they could have come up with new areas for Dante. Too much back tracking.

The combat is fun. And I never minded fighting the weaker enemies, and I enjoyed trying to get the SSS rating in battles. This rarely happened. I found myslef going back to previously levels trying to get a S ranking, most of the time with little luck. But I will keep trying.

The story is filled with more plot holes than swiss cheese. You understand the theme of love, but why the hell is Dante helping Nero. Why does Nero look like Dante. This is never really explained. But playing through Dante's stage is quite hilarious. Especially the Shakespear-esq scene before fighting one of the bosses.

I liked the game, but its lackig in some areas. The graphic are great, and the combat is entertaining, but I wanted more substance.

B+

Phil-n Rob'd Moment: Really fighting the same bosses 3 times, really.

No comments: